Created in 2006, the APAN (Association for the Promotion of Handicrafts and Nature) was born from the desire of a group of women to set up a platform for the promotion of craftsmanship in Cameroon through various resources provided by nature.
Since its creation, APAN has set itself a set of objectives:
- Strengthen solidarity between men and women to allow optimal use of natural resources
- Encourage and develop among unemployed young people the spirit of initiative and creativity focused on the promotion of natural products;
- Promote crafts and art applied to nature;
- Support the promotion of women artisans;
- Raise awareness and support health prevention for artisans;
- Raise awareness among artisans for the establishment of a synergy between the environment and the development of living conditions for local populations
- Fight against persistent organic pollutants.